The Target Map is the starting point for the exercises to follow. Please make certain that you have the Workshop Target Map open in the migFx Studio.
At this point, the Target Map only knows the metadata from the Target System concerning Accounts and Customers. Target System contains two target structures holding Card data. One structure is called Card and the other Card_Status.
These two target structures are not currently part of the target metadata available in the Workshop Target map.
Import Target Metadata
In this exercise, you must import new target metadata to get the metadata for Card and Card_Status:
Open the Target metadata item
- Project Explorer -> Metadata -> Target, double click
Check that the metadata for Card and Card_Status is not already part of existing Target metadata.
- Click on Structures tab
- Type Card in the Filter
- If the list is empty, metadata for the Card structures is missing
Check out the Target Item
- Click on the Checkout button in the Toolbar(or right-click the item in the treeview and select Checkout)
- and then click Check Out
- On the Structures tab, click the Import button
NB: You need to overwrite folder and filename:
- Folder: D:\MigFx\Training\Trainee\XX\MigFx\Metadata, where XX is the trainee number
- FileName: Metadata.Target.xlsx
- Check that both the Card and Card_Status metadata structure are imported into the Metadata list with Usage set as Active. If Usage is not set to Active, you can do it yourself by selecting usage Active in the dropdown on each of the 2 rows
- Save your work by clicking the Save button in the Toolbar(or right-click the item in the Project Explorer treeview and select Save, or keyboard shortcut ctrl-s)
- Check in the Target metadata item
- Click on the Check in button in the Toolbar(or right-click the item in the Project Explorer treeview and select Check in)
- Then click Check In
What happened here?
You have now imported the metadata for the target structures for the Card and Card_Status, ready to use when creating the Business Objects for Card and Card_Status.